I am exhausted. I’ve definitely caught a flu bug, cold, or something. But, I’ve had a lot on my mind and my “plate,” so I haven’t gotten sufficient rest. I think I’m cranky (don’t you just hate that when you feel that way?). For this week’s The Sunday Salon, I just wanted to update my co-bloggers, readers & friends on this past week’s “haps” and share my “stuff.”
- NEW BLOGSITE: I’m undergoing a site renovation. I have been working on a new theme, colors, etc. It’s coming along nicely. I’m going to try to “self-host,” but I am totally scared. I have not the slightest clue as to what I’m doing. Hopefully, the transition will work out okay and I’ll figure out the self-hosting rather quickly. I just can’t wait to show everybody the new, improved site… and am hopeful that you all enjoy it.
- THIS WEEK’S BOOKS: I’m doing some book tours, so I haven’t posted as many reviews as I usually do. I have reviewed The Lost Diary of Don Juan (post coming October 30th) and am currently finishing up Life After Genius (posting October 29th). What I can report is that I did enjoy both reads and the forthcoming reviews are favorable. I was able to post my review of The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. My favorite part of this post is that somebody actually wanted to pick up one of his books to “check him out,” and noted so on my post. She wanted to know my favorite one, if I could only recommend one… it was so hard… like picking out your favorite child. So, I emailed her. It was sooo cool!
- THIS WEEK’S ENTERTAINMENT NEWS & HEADLINES: I’m pleased to report that each week I will be sharing a sprinkling of entertainment news & current headlines. I’m focusing on the news that isn’t necessarily “mainstream,” and is fun or quirky. If you haven’t watched the “Joe The Plumber” video, it’s worth the couple of minutes. If you caught it on TV, don’t waste the time… but, it’s pretty humorous, the press, that it. DWTS is coming up tomorrow, so I’m looking forward to writing an update on the show. The video herein is the most current ABC video feed on DWTS and shows the “countdown clock” as to the next show (fun, huh?). My brother, Bill, keeps saying… “Cheryl Burrrrrr…..” because of how the announcer says “Cheryl Burke.” Now the kids always say, when talking about DWTS, “Cheryl Burrrrrr….”
- [clearspring_widget title=”Dancing With The Stars on ABC.com” wid=”47df2410700a0b8c” pid=”48f43d5f4dce5a55″ width=”300″ height=”250″ domain=”widgets.abc.com”]
- CONTESTS: Well, I’ve written and reminded about Menagerie’s Halloween Haunt. Entries are due by the 22nd. I was really hoping for more entries due to the size of the prize…. so, if you or your kids have a story, a post, or a referral on a good scary book…. get your comment posted or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I have a Second Chance Drawing for those who post the buttons on their blog post or sidebar, as well. For all of you who have entered… thanks so much for your participation! I appreciate it! My kids are so excited to help me judge the entries!
- BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH: A Novel Menagerie and Thursday’s Thoughts are focused on promoting Breast Cancer Awareness. I’ve prepared a button for your site, if you are interested in spreading the word… mainly to remind the women you know about self-exams and the benefit of mamograms. Thursday’s Thought’s Contest for the week hasn’t received as many entries as I’d hoped for. Since the “winning prize” is a donation to charity in the name of the winner, I may extend Thursday’s Thoughts for another week, rather than doing a new MEME/Contest next week. I’m really keeping my finger’s crossed on spreading the word via posts and buttons (badges). Thanks to Shana and Yasmin for all of their support on this effort.
Well, it’s time to take this cranky butt to bed. Yes, that’s where I need to be! I look forward to posting this week on The Fall Into Reading 2008 Challenge (where I’m at), Lit Flicks Challenge Update, and hopefully Home Girl and My Husband’s Sweethearts.