Well, one of my favorites, Ms. J. Kaye has tagged me to continue the meme topic of writing about five specific ways that blogging has affected you…. either positively or negatively.
O.K. – Here’s my attempt at an answer for the topic:
Blogging has given me an outlet to release my creative side that has been stifled under my psyche and responsibilities for entirely too long! I am a creative person who has spent the last 22+ years negotiating contracts and working with numbers. I’m not complaining about that… it’s just that my career and my passion, unfortunately are two different things. I was a performing arts major (emphasis in musical theatre)… however, ended up in the business world. I suppose there’s considerably more money in that and you can afford to eat food… Yes, the trade-off is there! Now, I am the owner of 5 blogs:
- First is A Novel Menagerie – Book Reviews & Tales of My Menagerie. This is my main blog, my passion and what I will pour my heart into.
- Second is Thursday’s Thoughts – A Weekly Meme/Contest for me to get to know my readers and fellow bloggers
- Third is TNCK9Adventures – This hasn’t launched as of yet, but will be coming soon. It will be a work of fiction, from the viewpoint of the animals in the story and it’s purpose will be to raise money for animal charities world-wide.
- Fourth is CommercialREInfo – This will be a blog consisting of articles that I write regarding my what I’ve spent the last 22+ years doing: Commercial Real Estate. This hasn’t launched as of yet, but will be coming soon.
- Last is EverythingTori – This will be a “just for fun” blog about Tori Amos, Tori Spelling, and my dog Tori. This site hasn’t launched yet.
So, you can plainly see that the entire “creative outlet” thing was completely necessary for me!
It has literally dragged me away from the BOOB TUBE and gotten me reading and writing. OK, folks, that is a positive, right? I’m now catching the news on the computer and only watching the very most important shows that I DVR. That’s cut TV time down by 90%.
Unfortunately, it has temporarily replaced my knitting habit…. but, I’ll find a balance sometime soon.
I’m not upset if I’m stuck waiting somewhere for kids or something… always have that book to read. I can’t wait to blog the minute that I’m done. I really wonder if people read my book reviews… I put a lot of thought into them. I hope they do!
I can’t wait to be a blogger on a Book Tour! It’s my goal. Can’t wait!
I am a stat addict. Lisa told me that would get better, soon. She said that most new bloggers are really interested in stats. I’m almost at 2,000 and I’m only a month and a half old. That’s pretty fair, yes?
I’m going to bed at 3am now. Yes, sleep is overrated.
I can write tidbits of HTML code.. who knew?
I now know what a MEME is.
I can meet so many cool people without leaving my house! You guys are everywhere! And, a lot of you are moms. How great is that?
Thanks, J. Kaye… I’m totally happy that you tagged me. Now, am I supposed to tag? The people that I tag may already be tagged and have written on this topic, but here goes:
- Literarily: Simply, Shana ROCKS!
- APOOO: This lady is a smart cookie… let me tell you!
- Cafe of Dreams: Love this blog… always love this blog.
- Books on the Brain: There is simply none better than LISA.
- The Literate Housewife: Another blog that I totally get into and read!
Thanks, J. Kaye, for giving me the opportunity to share and tag!